Saturday, June 13, 2009

children collide

Photobucket
so i went to a children collide show on thursday at spaceland. their manager wants to manage my friend joeys band so me n him went to go check em out. i was pleasantly surprised. they're a very well crafted trio from melbourne and they have their shit down pro. there's something about rock n roll from the far eastern hemisphere that doesn't quite sit with me usually, well, because i feel like its a couple years behind and then sounds corny. i almost felt that way at the beginning of every song but by the end of the song i really liked it. instead of sounding like 1 american band from 10 years ago, they sounded more like all the good parts my favorite bands since past put together. they had a different sound on every song and im a firm believer in versatility being the shit. my favorite songs are chosen armies and farewell rocketships. all together, in my book they sound like an optimistic nirvana ozzy osbourne joy division weezer stuffed in a power trio. i can dig it.
myspace.com/childrencollide

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment